- Forest management in the Mediterranean basin is challenging in a warming world.
- Scientific studies provide evidence on the short-term benefits of management.
- The implications of management for long-term resilience have been seldom assessed.
- Management for short-term benefits frequently has unintended effects.
- An explicit consideration of trade-offs and long-term effects of management is needed.
Vilà-Cabrera A, Coll L, Martínez-Vilalta J, Retana J (2018) Forest management for adaptation to climate change in the Mediterranean basin: A synthesis of evidence, Forest Ecology and Management, 407, 16-22, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2017.10.021