The 1st MedECC Assessment Report (MAR1) Lead Author meeting was held in the CNR Center in Milan (Italy) from 4 to 7 March 2019.
The meeting gathered 59 participants from 16 countries: Coordinating Lead Authors (CLAs), Lead Authors (LAs) of MAR1, MedECC Steering Committee Members and MedECC partners. The main objective of this meeting was to work together on the 1st MedECC Assessment Report (MAR1). Authors discussed and further developed the contents of each chapter. Until the meeting the work on the report was mostly organized in 6 groups of authors corresponding to the chapters of the report. The discussions in cross-chapter groups enabled to verify the coherence of provided information across the whole report and identify overlaps. Moreover, the key messages of each chapter started to be drafted. The plenary presentation “Climate change scenarios for the Mediterranean region” was given by one of the CLAs of the “Drivers” chapter, Piero Lionello (University of Salento, Italy).
An important place was also dedicated to the science-policy interface. The plenary round table « link between scientists and decision-makers » was held with the participation of Arnault Graves (UfM), Julien Le Tellier (UN Environment/MAP), Elen Lemaître-Curri (Plan Bleu, UN Environment/MAP Regional Activity Centre) and Arnau Queralt (CADS).
The meeting of the MedECC Steering Committee was also held. 14 out of 20 members of the MedECC Steering Committee were present.
Also some technical aspects of producing the report were discussed, like the responsibilities of different types of contributors, guidelines for references, communicating uncertainties, the « line of sight », the timeline of the finalization of the report and the scientific review process.
INSTITUTIONS SUPPORTING THE EVENT
- Mediterranean Integrated STudies at Regional And Local Scales (MISTRALS) programme
- Union for the Mediterranean (UfM)
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- UN Environment Mediterranean Action Plan through its Plan Bleu Regional Activity Centre
- French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME)
- Principality of Monaco
- Laboratory of Excellence OT-Med
- Advisory Council for the Sustainable Development of Catalonia of the Government of Catalonia (CADS), Spain
- French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
INSTITUTIONS SUPPORTING MedECC (click here)