The intended outputs of the MedECC, depending on participation, stakeholder interest and financial support, include:
- Regular and comprehensive “state of the art” reports about climate and environmental change for the entire Mediterranean basin, including summaries for decision-makers for approval by government representatives.
- Specific reports on demand by decision-makers on specific issues, sectors or scientific domains.
- Scientific workshops co-hosted by MedECC and research institutions or MedECC supporting institutions.
- Training for decision makers, professionals and other stakeholders involved in environmental change mitigation and adaptation.
- Dialogue between the scientific community, decision makers and stakeholders on specific issues of environmental change in the Mediterranean basin.
First Mediterranean Assessment Report (MAR1) by MedECC
The publication of the first MedECC report on the current state and risks of climate and environmental changes in the Mediterranean is planned for the first semester of 2020. The report will be divided into following sections : 1) Introduction, 2) Drivers of environmental impacts, 3) Challenges for ecosystems and societies, 4) Managing future risks and building resilience. The main thematic fields of the “Challenges” chapter of the report are 1) Water, food and energy, 2) Ecosystems and ecosystem services, and 3) Development, health and human security. The the 1st draft has been completed in April 2019 and it underwent the internal review by the authors of the report. The 2nd draft has been finalized in September 2019 and the external review by the scientific community has been launched.