The intended outputs of the MedECC, depending on participation, stakeholder interest and financial support, include:
- Regular and comprehensive “state of the art” reports about climate and environmental change for the entire Mediterranean basin, including summaries for decision-makers for approval by government representatives.
- Specific reports on demand by decision-makers on specific issues, sectors or scientific domains.
- Scientific workshops co-hosted by MedECC and research institutions or MedECC supporting institutions.
- Training for decision makers, professionals and other stakeholders involved in environmental change mitigation and adaptation.
- Dialogue between the scientific community, decision makers and stakeholders on specific issues of environmental change in the Mediterranean basin.
First MedECC report
The publication of the first MedECC report on the current state and risks of climate and environmental changes in the Mediterranean is planned for the end of 2019.
The report will be divided into following sections : 1) Introduction, 2) Drivers of environmental impacts, 3) Challenges, 4) Managing future risks and building resilience. The main thematic fields of the “Challenges” chapter of the report are 1) Water, food and energy, 2) Ecosystems and ecosystem services, and 3) Development, health and human security. A detailed outline of this part of the report was drafted during three workshops held between May and July 2017. The workshop on drivers of climate and environmental change was held in March 2018.